International Society of Sport Psychology (ISSP)
Prof. Dr. Gangyan Si
Department of Health and Physical Education
Hong Kong Institute of Education
10 Lo Ping Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong
1965, Rome (Italy), at 1st World Congress of Sports Psychology
Initiate and upgrade standards related to sports psychology research, information services, programs, guidelines and ultimately to all sports and physical activity; provide a medium for exchange of ideas to promote mutually beneficial understanding; stimulate scientific activities and programs.
General Assembly (every 4 years). Executive Committee, consisting of President, 3 Vice-Presidents, Secretary, Treasurer and Past-President. Managing Council, composed of 6 Officers and 9 regular members. Members at large.
Members' Subscriptions: Full time student - US$ 20 , Professional - US$ 50 ; Group
- US$ 70-150.
- International Council of Sport Science and Physical Education (ICSSPE) (our ref B1757).
- International Olympic Committee (IOC) (our ref A2303).
Instrumental in developing:
- American Association of Applied Sport Psychology;
- Asian-South Pacific Association for Sport Psychology (ASPASP) (our ref D2257);
- European Federation of Sport Psychology (our ref D1196);
- North American Society for Sport Psychology and Physical Activity (NASPSPA) (our ref G7037);
- South American Sport Psychology Society (our ref D3901).
Organizes international congresses; develops and supports organization of symposia devoted to topics in sport psychology; participates in programmes worldwide concerning psychology and sport; consults with coaches and athletes.
Events (Quadrennial Congress)
Rome (Italy) 1965, Washington DC (USA) 1968, Madrid (Spain) 1973, Prague (Czechoslovakia) 1977, Ottawa (Canada) 1981, Copenhagen (Denmark) 1985, Singapore (Singapore) 1989, Lisbon (Portugal) 1993, Netanya (Israel) 1997, Skiathos Is (Greece) 2001, Sydney (Australia) 2005
International Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology (4 a year); Monographs; congress proceedings; position papers; ethical guidelines; E-Dictionary
National or international associations representing the interests of sport psychology and/or related disciplines. Associations in 15 countries:
- Africa Nigeria, South Africa, Morocco
- America Brazil
- Asia China, Japan, Taiwan
- Australasia/Oceania Australia.
- Europe Belarus, Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Norway, Poland, Spain
Persons with professional interest in sport psychology;
Individuals who have made a contribution to the development or prestige of sport psychology.
Individuals in 73 countries and territories:
- Africa Egypt, Kenya, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa
- America Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Costa Rica, Dominican Rep, Guatemala, Jamaica, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Trinidad-Tobago, USA, Venezuela
- Asia Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea Rep, Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand
- Australasia/Oceania Australia, New Zealand, Samoa
- Europe Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Rep, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Serbia-Montenegro, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UK
- The 2009 Congress was held in Marrakesh,Morocco.
- The 2013 Congress was held in Beijing,China.
- The 2017 Congress will be held in Seville, Spain.